Wednesday 9 March 2011

What Can I Expect from Chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo?


Obstacles! I will find a way around you no matter what!
Please be aware that Daisaku Ikeda, would not normally every quantify Daimoku. I believe that this quote was given to someone in private, and was never really ment to be shared. However, I do get the sentiment behind it. It is'nt about quantity, it is about the faith to continue. It is easy to begin, its much harder to continue along this path. 

Chant daily and for the rest of your life, to always give thanks and feel the empowerment of your own Buddhahood.

I have removed his name from this quote, as it is believed to be unverified. 


"What should I expect from chanting daimoku?''

When you chant 1hour of daimoku, you will see changes in yourself.
When you chant 2hours of daimoku, you will see changes in other people.
When you chant 3hours of daimoku, you will see changes in your environment.
When you chant 5hours of daimoku, you will experience miracles in your life.
When you chant one million daimoku, you can feel your fortune.
When you chant 7million daimoku, your foundation as human being will change.
When you chant 20million daimoku, even though you try to escape from it, fortune will continue to follow you.
When you chant 70million daimoku, you can become the king of faith.

... source: Unverified.

Become the Master of Your Mind!

Sensei's (Japanese for Teacher) Guidance and Encouragement...

It may seem perfectly all right to put ourselves and our own wishes first, to simply follow the dictates of our emotions and cravings, but the truth is that there is nothing more unreliable than our own mind.

Life doesn't always go like clockwork and things will not necessarily turn out as we hope or plan.

Consequently, Nichiren Daishonin frequently stressed:

"You should become the master of your mind, not let your mind master you."

We mustn't allow ourselves to be ruled by a self-centered mind.

Rather, we have to discipline our mind and gain mastery over it.

This is the Daishonin's strict admonition.

Come On Obstacles! I've Been Expecting You!

Sensei's Guidance and Encouragement...

Whether we regard difficulties in life as misfortunes or whether we view them as good fortune depends entirely on how much we have forged our inner determination.

It all depends on our attitude or inner state of life.

With a dauntless spirit, we can lead a cheerful and thoroughly enjoyable life.

We can develop a "self" of such fortitude that we can look forward to life's trials and tribulations with a sense of profound elation and joy: "Come on obstacles! I've been expecting you! This is the chance that I've been waiting for!"

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Tuesday, October 27, 1942:

5 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I love your quote from Daisaku Ikeda : What can I expect from chanting. Just recently, I wanted to email it to members from Washington D.C. and I was told that I couldn't because I needed to make sure where it came from. I was a little upset, but in any event. I still would like to post to people because it inspired me. But i must ask, so is there a book and page number where you got this quote? or where did you get this from?
    I really appreciate your help.
    J. Magana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jobi,

    Thanks for your comments.

    I agree with what you have been told, it is probably best to make sure you know the source of a quote before sharing it as I am sure sometimes people sometimes people might write their own quotes and people assume it is Disaku Ikeda.

    All I know is the source of this quote is from a kansi member in Japan.

    I enjoyed it so much that I posted it....

    I will only post quotes if I feel they resonate with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....1 persn frm my relatives is additcted to drink n smoking. due to this his family is in tension.they r living hopeless life.

    could chanting NMRK will change him completey?
    if yes! how much we ve to chant 4 dat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi sakshi..yes u can challenge any situation through this !for this u need to chant to change ur karma ..that depends on person to person and situation to situation

      Delete
  4. im having a problem with my love one and actually is my fault that i shouldnt do like this and im really regret for what im doing. he's ignoring my msg n so on but i know his heart is not that cruel as he been really good to me. i dun wan to lose him at all n end this relationship. how can i chant to help me n him together and better relation till end?please help me!:(

    ReplyDelete

SHARE THIS POST

Top 3 Posts