Sunday 15 March 2015

Are you awake?





Video compilation by By Tim Shieff

I'm just a person shuffling through life, I am not really any different from when I was a little kid.

All I wanted really was, that I didnt want that feeling in my stomach that people are being, treated badly. I don't want the feeling that people are being exploited.

People need to live spiritual lives, all of us. I'm a person, and it's good to have access to the infinite consciousness that's available to all people but through the five senses is delineated, keeping us trapped on a material plain.
We think reality is what we can appropriate through the limited instruments of the senses, but reality is of course far beyond that.

Spiritual data is that we don't have the correct instruments to receive it and live primarily in the realm of the senses.

Anything that we're describing through science, we're describing through the prism of the five limited senses. Our eyes can only see between infrared light and ultraviolet light.


There's light bouncing around everywhere. Our ears can only hear a tiny decibel range, can't hear the noise of a dog whistle, can't hear any high pitched frequency sounds. Isn't likely then that there are other vibrations, frequencies, energies, consciousness, moving through the universe?

Consciousness is an amorphous and expanding entity. I think that we allow our consciousness to be prohibited by our senses, prescribed by our senses, living in the realm of these five apertures into our reality. But reality is limitless, space is infinite, time eternal.

Through yoga, one can temporarily break the bonds, the chain as to the mundane, the mondial, that which is of the earth and we can temporarily at least, receive a taste of the infinite.

I don't want to get too cosmic about it but we are just this sort of temporary blob of atoms, endowed with consciousness for the merest moments in infinite space.

Meditation and yoga, these are fundamental parts of my life.

I think it's difficult these days with religion getting such a rough ride, the Pope resigning, terrorism, it's difficult to find that access to spirituality but we are by our nature spiritual people.

If we don't have access to spirituality, we suffer as individuals and society suffers.

We need to recognize at some point that within ourselves there is infinite capacity for connection with all things.
(Host: Well I love the fact that you describe it as you have a "daily access to unseen realms of power.")
Daily access to unseen realms of power! Not just me, everyone has that.

For me, what I've discovered is that transcendental meditation is useful to me, not because of a unique set of circumstances, not because of my formerly secret brilliance, no. haha

But because I am a human being. And it is applicable to all human beings. And what's really good about that is literally everyone in this room is one!

What I say is that we're basically all right, human beings. Whenever there's a disaster, or an accident, people's impulse it to help one another.

So I'm thinking, anyone that galvanizes people, brings people together and points people toward the better aspects of our nature and help us to overcome our basic things like fear and desire, I think these people are worthy heroes...rather than the heroes that are nominated today, heroes that are low vibrational frequency that make us concentrate on dark stuff.
They want you to be talking about Justin Beiber, they want you to be talking about twerking, they don't want you talking about fracking, they want you talking about twerking. They want to get you to "shut your f*cking mouths and watch this sh*t you f*cking morons".. and I know because I've been part of the charade. But, you know... I'm awake

Look beyond the superficial. That's the problem with current affairs, you forget about what's important. You allow the agenda to be decided by superficial information. What am I saying?

What am I talking about? Don't think about what I'm wearing. These things are redundant, superficial. (Host: I'm distracted.)
And I don't think we should be continuing to propagate the idea that famous people are magical and special because it makes people that their lives are not good. I don't think that we should be living in that kind of fearful paradigm.
I'm a vegetarian. I believe that we're all equal. I have got no right to kill.

Say a fly comes in my house, I tolerate that little asshole. Because I feel like "he's a fly, he's just on his journey here through life."

When I'm meditating or praying, I say the infinite creative force that brings into being all phenomena and guides all life, I say "Can you move through me?"

When things actually work, you sort of treat them.. you sort of shirk them off as if, as if you are the money and have got to avoid yoga and meditation.

They've been portrayed quite brilliantly by the mainstream as sort of somehow.. luxury. But it isn't a luxury, or artificial, or superficial, it's absolutely integral, it's absolutely the most authentic thing. More real than any of us.
They feel happy, their happy, they don't need it. If there's not a problem, there's not a problem. But I think if people have some sort of yearning or dissatisfaction or some itchy irritability then it might be because they're not looking in the right direction for a solution and that they should look within and that within them there is a limitless, infinite capacity for bliss through connection to higher things.

You cannot define yourself in reference to other external coordinates, you must find yourself internally, your relationship with a higher entity. Think of yourself as a manifestation of some higher thing, some higher frequency. This is the visible realization. And you know that because you can't see atoms, can you? And you certainly can't see the forces that hold atoms together. There, in the micro-quantum world, Richard, lie the answers to everything.

We can't understand it with our logical rational minds. We feel it intuitively. Get yourself in alignment with that stuff and you'll beam like the sun!

The dead human ape has fulfilled it's potential. The dead human ape has not evolved for the last 10,000 years. These are the achievements of the dead human ape. Now we must transform, become enlightened, so we can access the next realm of consciousness necessary for our evolution.

I think we elect to ignore the spiritual and it causes a deficit for ourselves and our culture and for our planet. I think we are too easy to identify ourselves as individuals, that idea is fortified daily through, as we said before, the stimulation of primal desires,that which anchor us to the self. We ignore that we're here for such a short while, that we're all basically the same as one another, we're all connected to each other and we have a collective responsibility.

God is not something that's about thinking your better than someone or a reason to have a war with someone, it's that within us; beneath our and beyond our identity as human beings driven by fear and desire, defined by the realm of the senses and the material self which is transitory; there is a divine self that is connected to all living things, that is part of an infinite source of creativity. You could probably describe that using quantum physics or science if you want. I choose to believe in God because I think what that is is the recognition that there is divine beauty in all of us and if we privatize that over our own selfish material needs then we will naturally create a culture more in harmony with our planet and we'll have a chance.
I think this is one of the great sadnesses of modern life because of our disenfranchisement, our disillusionment with religion that we don't have access to these ideas. Yoga and meditation for me, is a way, in the secular world of accessing very very beautiful principles and perhaps make us happier in a time where people feel disillusioned with the economy, concerned about the ecology, worried with politicians, don't trust what they're being told on television.

We've got to let go of temporary, transient ideas like individualism.

The nature of monotheistic faiths, these dead, desert religions, is to encode us with the idea that individualism is more important that Paganism, ideologies that integrally relate us to the earth. We know that we are integrally, indefatigably related to our environment and we live in the service of our environment because the self is a temporal illusion.

I suppose the ultimate truth is oneness, that this is a temporary illusion that we temporarily occupy these flesh puppets, that we believe so much in our identity, we believe in our individualism, and I talk as a sort of, very egotistical man (look at my hair, look at these bracelets, these ridiculous boots) I'm a person who believes in the nature of my own individualism and my own identity. But on a deeper level I recognize that all these things are transient. And what's important, what's defining are things that we all share:
love, unity, togetherness.

As long as we have cultural narratives that eschew these ideas, that suppress these ideas, in favor of negative human traits: greed, selfishness, lust; as long as these ideas are promoted we'll exist in opposition to one another and we'll be exploitable by corporations that prey upon these negative aspects of humanity.

The line between good and evil runs not between cultures, religions or creeds, but through every human heart. Now I recognize in myself the capacity for selfishness, for lustfulness, for egotism, and because I recognize the qualities in myself I would prefer a culture that didn't celebrate, exsassorbate, stimulate the most negative aspects of our species, inculcate them, reward them financially, till we get into a kind of a cultural hysteria where we're destroying the planet.

Reality is, there is one planet. There is a certain amount of people on the planet.

There are a certain amount of resources on the planet. None of them things are gonna last forever. So we need systems in place that acknowledge the reality. Not systems that benefit the elite.

Systems that acknowledge the reality. People need to have access to the resources. You can't lie to people, so that people in power can continue to augment their own power and satisfaction while normal people are exploited.

We need systems that get the resources to the people while respecting the planet. Any system that detrimental to the planet or detrimental to the people, cause it helps one or two bods..

You're allowed to do that you know! We are creatures on a planet. We are mammals. Look at the faces of the people that we're being asked to vote for as leaders.

Look at them! Look at them, feel it in your hearts! That ain't whose meant to be leading us.

Happiness cannot forever be sustained like some glistening bauble. It's a transitory thing, like a butterfly alighting on Snow White's finger (in that bit of Snow White.)
I'm happy mostly when I'm being nice to other people. Then I'm happy.

You know, when they analyze the semantics consistently through mythology and theology, of words like "love", "God", they find that the common theme, is union. That we just want to be connected to something higher. That might be another person, that could be God, that could be a relationship with nature, could even be a relationship with Westham United. I think the important thing is to have the central tenet of your being: love, compassion and tolerance. Everyone knows that.
You know, like the realization that this is only a temporary thing.

That the only thing that really matters to any of us is love. That underscoring everything is love. That if its a biological, anatomical human condition the idea of acquisition and survival of the species, that that two percent that distinguishes us from the great ape, somewhere within that is the mind spark that philosophers have always espoused upon and written about that somewhere within that.. that's the truth that we're trying to head towards.

(On My spiritual practice) What it felt to me was,was the disillusion of my idea of myself. I felt like separateness
evaporated. I felt this tremendous sense of oneness.

I'm quite an erratic thinker, quite an adrenalized person. But through meditation, I felt this sort of beautiful
serenity and selfless connection. My sort of tendency toward selfishness I felt that kind of exposed, as a superficial and pointless perspective to have.

I felt a very relaxed sense of oneness. I felt love.

Carry on doing what you are doing, being happy in your hearts.

Russell Brand

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THIS POST

Top 3 Posts