Wednesday 15 December 2010

The Buddha In Daily Life: An Introduction to the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin

When beginning your journey in to Nichiren Buddhism, there can be many questions. When I first began two years ago, I found this book to be incredibly helpful.

I began practicing Nichiren Buddhism because I wanted to find out what was missing in my life. I had been living in London for almost 10 years and still didn't feel very fulfilled in my career and my general surroundings.

I came across this practice of chanting nam myoho renge kyo from a friend. I went along to a SGI meeting and heard the chanting for the first time.

I found it strange at first and felt really out of place. What were these strange words? Why was everyone sitting facing this box? What was the box? Is this a cult? What am I doing here?

All these questions were racing through my head.

A friend lent me a copy of this book some time later and it answered most of my questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THIS POST

Top 3 Posts