Monday 26 May 2014

The Truth about your food. What you are about to see will shock you.

Do you really know where your food comes from>

Many of my meat eating friends have chosen to challenge me, regularly on my posts about meat consumption. And I am not complaining, its good. Dialogue on these issues is very important.

Not once have I ever said that eating meat is bad. For me, it is a personal and religious choice of mine to no longer consume animal products, as well as a decision to make the largest environmental impact I can through my diet choices, one choice among many.

The film Samsara illustrates the issue I have, because this is what we have become.

For many people their relationship with food is non-existent. For many when buying meat in a supermarket, its cleaned, plucked and marketed to to show happy healthy animals playing in fields. Most of this is a downright lie.

Your food is often genetically modified, highly medicated pumped with hormones and antibiotics and finally cruelly and painfully killed before it arrives on your plate.

Each of us has the power to make a choice with the food we eat.

EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED - and your choices are what shape the demand, the world we live in.

Something to think about.



SAMSARA food sequence from Baraka & Samsara on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THIS POST

Top 3 Posts