Monday 5 May 2014

This video could change your life.


Many years ago, shortly after Facebook began I realised I had a serious problem with social media. And I don't mean I was on it a lot, I mean I was on it A LOT!

Six years later, that has not changed. I check it incessantly, I spend far too much time flicking up and down the news feed, and connecting with people.

Facebook is a wonderful tool, it connects people who may have never connected before, but it comes at a huge price.

The film below illustrates in wonderful technicolour what might happen if you fail to "look up"

In 2008, I wrote a blog post about being addicted to Facebook, and about the need to feel needed for many of us social media does exactly that. It connects us. It hyper connects us.

And as wonderful as it is, being connected to 1400 people is not health, my brain cant process all those connections.

I am thinking about leaving Facebook again, but hitting the delete button this time.

But its so hard, I feel like I am giving up a pet or something.

How has this affected your life since 2007?

Please watch this film and share it with as many people as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THIS POST

Top 3 Posts